Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Rolly Rosette

by bitOwhimsy
                                 Make this beautiful No-Sew Rosette created by bitOwhimsy. Use it on clothing or on a hair pin.


You will need:
  • A few long strips of tulle or something similar (mine was like tulle but softer, I have no clue what it is called because like most of my fabric I found it at a thrift store)
  • A piece of felt that coordinates with your material
  • pearl beads
  • pin or clip
  • Hot Glue Gun
Cut your material about 1 to 2 inches wide and as long as you can. You might need a few of these depending on how big your rose is going to be. Also cut your felt into a circle about the size you want your rose to be.

Place drop of glue in the very center of your felt circle.  Attach your strip by sticking the end of your material down into the glue.
 
Run the glue along the edges of your material and roll your piece around right on top.  I work with my fabric rolled in half so the cut edges are usually down in the glue and the fold is what you see on top. I like to set my glue close to my last row so I have lots of rows.
Continue with gluing and placing your material around and around and around and around
When you run out of material just glue your end down and glue a new strip on.

I continue gluing the material down until the edges of my felt circle are covered for a clean finish. When you are ready to finish, simply cut the material off and glue down on the back.
So Pretty... almost done!

Add some more glue, the pearls and a pin or a clip to the back and your done.

No comments:

Post a Comment